Friday, June 3, 2011

Can't teach an Old Dog New Tricks?

Pepper is eleven, old for a dog.  He likes to stay in bed as long as he can in the morning - and still keep and eye on me.  I want to make the bed before I leave the room, but he stays right on it so I can't.  Yesterday morning, when the alarm went off and he snuggled down to keep his place.  I reached over, brought him to me, got out his grooming brush and gave him a good brushing.  He tolerated it. 

This morning when the alarm went off and I reached over to pet him - he wasn't there. At the sound of the alarm, he had immediately jumped off the bed and gone out to the hall to wait for me to get up. 

It only took one morning brushing session to teach him to get out of bed - and I got my bed made without any hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment